May 02, 2011

The Duchess loved Earl Grey ... and so do I

I recently watched "The Duchess" again, a fabulous film about Georgiana Cavendish, Duchess of Devonshire.  I highly recommend the movie for many reasons including fantastic costumes, art direction, and acting.

Did you know that her love interest (Charles Grey) who later became Prime Minister is whose name is given to Earl Grey Tea?

Earl Grey Tea is one of my new favorites.  It is a black tea flavored with the oil extract of bergamot orange.  I recently re-discovered it when I chose it to sip on for the viewing of the Royal Wedding.  I wanted something English, sophisticated, and elegant to go with my viewing party.  Earl Grey gets two thumbs up ... and so does The Duchess.

Photo Source:  www.reelmovienews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment